an empty plastic bottle
- Cut a thick strip of copy paper. Draw a shirt for the front of your empty bottle. Glue the paper around the empty plastic
- Using your permanent marker, draw a face on your balloon.
- Pour 1/2 cup of vinegar into your empty water bottle.
- Next, using a small spoon pour baking soda into your balloon until it’s about 1/4 the way full.
- Now you are ready to perform your science experiment! Carefully stretch the neck of the balloon around the neck of the bottle partially filled with vinegar, making sure to keep the baking soda in the balloon. When you’re ready, dump the baking soda into the vinegar and watch as your balloon (or in this case, face!) grows and inflates!