1. It’s freezing outside!
2. It’s a bit chilly. Wrap up warm.
3. It’s cold.
4. It’s Arctic out there.
5. It’s quite fresh – take a jumper.
6. You can see your breath in the air.
7. It’s below zero.
8. It must be minus five or more.
9. It’s pretty frosty today.
10. My car’s iced up, it’s that cold.
11. I can’t believe the fog! Did you have a hard time driving today?
12. It’s freezing out today. Do you think it will snow?
13. It looks like it’s going to snow.
1. It’s nice and warm today.
2. It’s pretty hot, isn’t it?
Cat Festival in Tokyo – level 1
This news is from Tokyo. A cat festival happens there. People dress up as cats. They paint their faces, wear masks, and put on cat ears. They parade through the streets.
A Japanese designer organises this festival. The festival celebrates three things – Halloween, autumn, and cats. The festival is a hit. People look very good.
The Japanese love cats. They have cat cafés and Hello Kitty. People love homeless cats, too.
Difficult words: parade (when people move slowly down a street to honour something), celebrate (show that you like something by having a good time).
Cat Festival in Tokyo – level 2
Page 1 of 2
Easy English© 2018
Всі права захищено