- Coastline is the area where the land meets the sea or
- The shore is where the water meets the land.
- The shore is the land at the edge of an ocean, sea or lake.
- The beach is at the edge of or along the shore.
- Nowhere in the UK is more than 113 KM ( 70 mi ) from the coast.
- Around 30 million people ( out of 60 million ) live on the coast of the UK.
- The U. S. Coast Guard can come to your rescue along the coasts of the US.
- Cork is the second largest city in the Republic of Ireland. It stands on the coast.
- The coastline of Italy is around 9,226 km in length.
- The United Kingdom’s coastline is more broken than coastlines of many other countries.
- Much of UK coastline is accessible.
- The lifeguard may want you to swim back to shore and get out of the water.
- Yachts sometimes anchor near the shore. They need boats to get to the shore.
- They also must take their garbage ashore in the nearest port.
- Do you want to stay at a lighthouse hotel on the shore near the beach?
B Coastline / sea / water / land / edge / Coast Guard / rescue / accessible / swim / shore / anchor / yacht / boat / port / lighthouse / beach