|A: What do you have for lunch, David?
B: I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
A: That sounds good. I have tuna.
B: Tuna is good too, Daniel.
A: I like jelly. Do you want to trade?
B: Sure. I like tuna.
A: This trade is good for both of us.
B: Yes, it is. Thanks, Daniel.
- Come to the table with clean hands and face.
- Put your napkin on your lap.
- Start eating when everyone else does—or when given the okay to start.
- Stay seated and sit up straight.
- Keep elbows (and other body parts!) off the table while eating.
- Chew with your mouth closed and don’t talk until you’ve swallowed.
- Don’t make bad comments about the food.
- Say “Please pass the…” instead of reaching.
- Chat with everyone at the table.
- Don’t make rude noises like burping or slurping.
- Ask to be excused when finished.
- Thank your host or whoever prepared the meal.
- Offer to help clear the table.